Electronic Foot File , Yes Please!
If you are like me, and I’m sure millions of others you have used a pumice stone or those handheld microplane files that look like cheese grater. I have used a combination of these over the years, and for the most part I thought they got the job done. That all changed this weekend with my introduction to a electronic foot file. This by far is one of the better things I have purchased over the past couple of months, and trust me I have been spending like crazy. I like to think of my recent spending as practice or training for Black Friday.
Lets face it, your feet and mine take a lot of abuse.
- Blisters: A blister is a shell on the skin surface that often contains a clear liquid. Blisters can form when the skin is repeatedly rubbed; for instance, when your shoes rub the same spot on your foot, when you wear shoes that don’t fit properly, or when you wear shoes without socks.
- Corn: A corn is a build-up of hard skin near a bony area of a toe or between toes. Corns may be caused by pressure from shoes that rub against the toes or cause friction between the toes.
- Callus: A callus is a build-up of hard skin, usually on the underside of the foot. Calluses are caused by an uneven distribution of weight, generally on the bottom of the forefoot or heel. Calluses also can be caused by improperly fitting shoes or by a skin abnormality. It’s normal to have some calluses on the soles of your feet.
How Are These Skin Conditions Treated?
The skin covering the blister helps protect it from infection. Your health care provider may recommend you “pop” the blister with a sterile needle to allow the skin to re-attach. However, don’t cut the skin away unless it is already torn and drying out. Keep the blister clean. Gently wash the area with mild soap and water or a cleansing towel and then apply antibacterial cream to the blister. Cover it with gauze and secure it with hypoallergenic tape to help protect the skin and prevent infection. Change the dressing at least once a day and wear different shoes until the blister heals. Take the bandage off at night so that it can dry out.
Don’t try to cut the corn or remove it with a sharp object. After you take a bath or shower, while your skin is still soft, use a pumice stone or an emery board to smooth and gently remove the build-up of tissue. Move the emery board or pumice stone in one direction only. You can also use cushioned or medicated pads.
Don’t try to cut the callus or remove it with a sharp object. After your bath or shower, use a pumice stone to gently remove the build-up of tissue. You can also use cushioned pads and insoles.
My New Secret Weapon
It may not be a secret to some but it was to me, the electronic foot file!
- Gently and effectively buffs away rough, dry, hard skin in seconds
- Refillable roller spins 360 degrees for quick results
- Safe and more effective than metal scrapers and easier than a pumice stone for removal of hard skin from your feet at home
- Battery operated pedicure foot file is a safe and professional way to buff hard skin
- Specially designed micraumina replaceable head with long lasting micro-abrasive particle for continuous filing results
Gentle on your feet and easy to use, the Amope Pedi Perfect Electronic Pedicure Foot File quickly helps you achieve soft, silky feet. This electronic foot file is designed to remove hard skin for smooth results after just one use. It buffs away hard skin in minutes, leaving you with smooth feet you’ll want to show off.
You basically attach the head, turn it on and let the magic happen. You want to make sure you use this when your feet are dry. Using on wet or moist feet would not be affective. Gently place the spinning head against your rough skin and it begins to smooth them out leaving behind a fine powder of dry dead skin. Depending on the condition of your feet you probably only need to use it for 5 or so seconds on each heel. I would suggest it’s better to use more frequently, then to “power scrub” After you have smoothed out your feet I would recommend the application of some Foot Cream.
So if your looking for smooth feet that you can proudly display. I would highly recommend the Amope Pedi Pedicure Foot File